1. _______ I always give in to my negative emotions.
2. _______ When I am feeling good about something, I often pursue it.
3. _______ I do not let my pleasant moods influence my behavior.
4. _______ It is usually a waste of time to think about your negative emotions.
5. _______ I often pay a lot of attention to my positive feelings.
6. _______ One should never be guided by negative emotions.
7. _______ People should not let their positive feelings influence the way in which they do their work.
8. _______ I tend to pay more attention to my negative moods than my positive moods.
9. _______ Positive feelings give direction to life.
10. _______ I pay attention to my negative feelings.
11. _______ One should never be guided by positive emotions.
12. _______ When making a decision people should never be influenced by their negative feelings.
13. _______ I always give in to my positive emotions.
14. _______ Paying attention to one’s negative feelings can lead one astray in life.
15. _______ I tend to dwell more on my negative feelings than others do.
16. _______ I try not to give in to my positive emotions.
SPSS Scoring Syntax(NOTE: The variable names correspond with the numbering above. For example, "FAST1" is question number one on the scale above. You must name the variables in your data set according to this coding for this syntax to work correctly.)
Gasper, K., & Bramesfeld, K. D. (2006). Should I follow my feelings? How individual differences in following feelings predict affective experience, affective well-being, and affective responsiveness. Journal of Research in Personality, 40, 986-1014.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.